Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Kristen Interview in Sci Fi Magazine

image host

This interview sounds a lot like the Breaking Dawn Part 2 Panel interview from Comic Con, but Kristen talks about how much she loved being challenged during the Twilight saga, becoming “sports car” vampy Bella, and vamp sex.



Transcript

'WOW, I'M A SPORTS CAR!'

Filming the Twilight films has been a four-year odyssey for you. How did being involved with the series change you?
You start a project to finish it. It's this really charged experience that almost is too much, and that's the only way it ever feels good, and right, and true. I feel very challenged, even though, if Stephanie [Meyer] suddenly wrote another book, I'd be like, "Okay, let me read it, immediately!" I might just keep that feeling. I know I'll find that with other experiences. How did it change me? I don't know. Maybe it affirmed my idea of why I like to do what I do. You don't always have to do an indie movie to feel like you're controlling it with a few people that you really have connected with, creatively. You can do it on a bigger scale. Maybe it's changed my mind about that. But, as a person, I could not begin to answer that question right now. It's so loaded.

What did it feel like playing Bella as a vampire?
I felt like, "Wow, I'm a sports car. Let's break it in!" Especially in the book, my favorite part is, "Break her in, man! Let's see what she can do!"

Bella is basically a superhero now, so you had to amp up your physical game in the last one?
Yeah, physically, this was more challenging than anything because even the way Bella walks into a room is different than how I walk into a room. If you think a mile a minute, you're never going to be indecisive about anything. Everything is very pointed. I got to see everyone else's versions of their vampires over a a really long period. I liked picking and choosing what to use and what not to use. Rounding her out was fun, and physically really, really challenging. I remember going up to Stephanie, on the first day I had to play a vampire, and I was like, "Steph, how am I going to sound like wind chimes, you jerk?! That's impossible!" Really, it blew my mind.

As equals finally, Bella and Edward consummate their marriage in a different way than in Breaking Dawn-Part 1. Will it get more intense between them on-screen this time?
We're supposed to have mind-boggling, otherworldly sex in Breaking Dawn 2. The first one was sweet. It was about discovery and it was so not rauncy. Nothing about this series is raunchy. But, in the second one we just wanted to be like animals. We tried and they told us that it was rated R. (Laughs)

What was one of your favorite scenes ever shooting these films?
My last scene with Taylor [Lautner] was about a week before I was going to be finished completely, but I didn't know it was going to be my last scene with him. He was like, "This is it, buddy!" One of my favorite scenes was when we danced together, after the wedding, it was totally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment